Hello fellow Street Teamers!
We’re closing in on the final weeks before KinaCon. We here at KC Planning headquarters are slowly starting to feel the pressure. It’s like the calm before the storm.. if storms could be measured in weeks. T-Minus 6 weeks!
Here are some announcements that have been burning holes in our pockets.
- KinaCon Registration: KinaCon registration is now open. Registration is first come first serve and at the moment there are still spaces available. If you have not signed up yet, what are you waiting for? If you have questions regarding registration, let us know and we’ll answer as best as we can.
- KinaCon T-shirts: The T-shirt ordering deadline is June 27th. Please get your orders in now! This deadline is before registration closes so we have time to order them. Shirts will be available for pickup on day 1 of KinaCon. We have finalized the design (example below), there may be minor changes based on our supplier. Isn’t it just adorable?
- KinaCon Hotel: We’re still determining the location and resulting pricing which is dependant on the number of requests we get. The sooner we get registrations and requests for housing the better determinant we’ll be on where and how much things will cost. Also, the more rooms we block the higher potential for savings/deals. If you are set on coming and need housing, PLEASE REGISTER NOW so we have an idea of how many rooms we will need.
- KinaCon Presentations: Last year we opened the banquet to individuals who had special projects, presentations or performances they wanted to announce, reveal or entertain the group with. We are doing so again this year. If you have something in mind you would like to present, let us know immediately so we can accommodate and get you a time slot.
- Badge Photo: If you have already registered for KinaCon don’t forget to send in a photo of yourself for your badge! Any photo, as long as it is recognizable, should be fine. Candid shots are best. If you don’t send one then we will have to put something embarrassing, no promises though.
That is almost everything we have going on right now. Stay tuned for more announcements as KinaCon gets closer!
The KinaCon Crew
P.S. We must re-iterate that KinaCon is a Street Team based event at its heart and you have to be a Kina Grannis Street Team member to attend.
We are happy to announce the opening of
Registration for KinaCon 2012
Date: July 26th-28th, 2012
Place: Los Angeles area, CA, USA
Registration Fee: $40
Come join us to celebrate Kina and her music!
Meet your fellow Street Teamers and Kinerds!
Get ideas and tools to help spread the Kinawkward love throughout!
We have taken extra efforts to make this an all ages event for Street Teamers.
Additional instructions and procedures will be outlined
on the registration site and/or through additional emails.
Space for attendance is limited, so remember to register early.
Please direct any questions or concerns to:
KinaCon is an event created by fans for fans to get-together
and celebrate the talents of Kina Grannis, and spread her music through a
collaborative effort of street teaming. KinaCon and its
volunteers are not officially affiliated with Kina Grannis.
Hello, everyone!Welcome back to an exciting new year of KinaCon announcements. Expect periodical emails to keep you up-to-date with the going-ons of KinaCon, but don’t worry, we’ll try to keep it to a minimum. ;)To start off we have a few things to announce. The first is we have a time and place for KinaCon! After discussion with Kina and her family, we’ve settled the date and location to:
Thursday, July 26th to Saturday, July 28th, 2012
Los Angeles area, California, USA
Registration Fee: TBD (Does not include hotel or transportation.)With the date decided we can block out our calendars and begin looking into travel plans. As done with the previous years, we will look into a hotel near the airport (LAX) for those of you traveling in from out of town. When we open registration we will take in everyone’s needs with regards to those details.The second item is that we will have a couple of open forums in Tinychat. The objective of these is to get your feedback and thoughts on what you would like to see happen at this year’s KinaCon. It is also an opportunity for veterans to express the things they liked and what they want to see improved. The exchange will let us fine tune the events and the overall impact KinaCon can have. We encourage as many of you as possible to attend!
What: Open Forum 1
When: Thursday, March 22nd @ 6pm PDT
What: Open Forum 2
When: Sunday, March 25th @ 7am PDT
Where: http://tinychat/kinaconLastly, we have also updated the website (http://kinacon.com) and will be adding additional adjustments as time goes on. One key item that we need your assistance on is that if you have photos or videos from KinaCon 2011 (last year), we would like to consolidate some of the media centrally in the site (similar to what we have on there for KinaCon 2010). If you would like to contribute please contact Harold via email (email@example.com) or speak/email one of the other planners (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This year we are hoping to match the fun and the momentous time we had last year. If we are lucky there will also be a few new surprises to look forward to!Your KinaCon Planning Team,Nick, Harold, Ron, Kim, Toby, Glenn
P.S. If you have any more questions be sure to check out our FAQ page or email us at email@example.com. If you would like to be removed from this list, please send an unsubscribe request to firstname.lastname@example.org.